Thursday, February 7, 2013

Learning the Verbs in a foreign language 1.1

Its been a while since I posted on my blog, but I feel the need to get back to the art of learning a language. Once again I am returning to the subject  of learning the verbs. Its not very easy to learn speak the language when all we know are the nouns. Hey dog, cat there! desk here!. Its like we are speaking like a 2 year old. But when a person doesn't master the verbs - thats where we end up. I know that teaching the old way of declining the verbs just does not cut it. However, using the TPR method is very slow and time consuming although it does work. Its not conducive to the school environment where we have to meet deadlines, and "cover" material - meaning follow a curriculum. If I could toss the book and just use mastery learning than it would be a whole different story. This year for example, as of January I started to get into the book seriously. I have seen the frustration level of the students rise, because the book offers so much material and little time to understand it. Its a dilemma I face each year. Well, that is where I am at this time, I will find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment